Use these blogging tips to turn your blog into a well oiled blogging machine.
Creating a blog can seem overwhelming because there are so many option, possibilities and choices to make. The potential and ideas for blogs are infinite. The tips in this article are designed to help you to create a blog that will accomplish your goals and will reach the audience that your blog was created for.
- Make sure that you do not have duplicate content. You can check for this by using the robots that are out there. If you do have content that is duplicated, the search engines will probably tag your site for spam, and you will not wind up getting the attention that you are looking for.
- Interact with those who comment on your blog. A blog is a two-way medium, and interacting with commenters can advance the discussion and give you new ideas for posts. If you use your blog for marketing, it can help you to resolve customer complaints, sometimes more quickly than through traditional customer service channels.
- Avoid writing blogs about subjects you have no interest in or know nothing about. It will reflect in your writing and you could possibly come across as uninformed in you are unsure of what you are writing about. This can turn readers off and they will avoid revisiting your site.
- Try writing from your own experiences. Write openly about items you know about and write your feelings about them without fearing being wrong. It tends to be a big mistake to copy from experts than to learn from your own errors. Your personal experience is the most precious blogging asset that you have.
- Utilizing social media websites is a great way to generate interest and increase traffic to your blog. You can use Twitter and Facebook to inform readers of new blog articles which they can then share with their friends. These websites also serve as a way to interact with your readers, and find out what they are interested in. Tailor your blog updates to their interests.
- Pay attention to your grammar. This is especially important if you are trying to be an International blogger. If your grammar is not up to par, a lot of people will get annoyed with reading your blog, and think that you are not creditable. There are many programs that you can use to run a grammar check, and you should do this with every entry.
- The content of your blog should consist of high quality work. Before you post it, proofread your blog entry, to ensure that it is free from grammatical and typographical errors. You may also wish to have someone else read it, as a secondary proofreader and to ensure that the content is interesting to read.
- Give your readers the opportunity to subscribe to your blog and your RSS feed. When people can have good content delivered hot and fresh, you increase your value to them ten fold. Keep the subscribe button in an easy to find place and deliver good content regularly to dissuade readers from discontinuing.
- When you are managing your own blog, it is absolutely necessary that you properly edit and proofread each post you write. Nothing looks worse than misspelled words, awkward wording, or grammatical mistakes when you are trying to make your blog look professional. Be sure to use spell-check or even have someone proofread for you. Your reputation depends on it!
- If you are writing an article, and it is under 500 words, it is best not to use it. People are reading your blog to gain knowledge or information, and you want to make sure that you are meeting this need properly. Articles that are too short will not give your readers everything they are looking for.
- Include an easy to follow index on your blog page. If you do not have an index, the people who view your site may have a difficult time trying to navigate across your site. An index will make your site more user-friendly, which will bring your readers back for more.
David – http://markethive.com/david-ogden